New Concepts

As a designer, I always try to come up with innovative and fresh ideas. This being a tiring task at times as I have a variety of clients – with a variety of needs. Not only that, but sometimes I have to choose the outdoor decor for them, which makes it tricky to match items with what the client would actually like. I must admit, I’m a sucker for new things. I love trying out certain elements in my designs that evoke me to be a bit daring. If the client likes it – it’s a job well done! If not; don’t really know how I’d take it... don’t think I have experienced that before!

I find few things as rewarding as receiving a project where the clients give me freedom to basically do whatever I feel necessary to create the outdoor space of their dreams.

Just recently I landed a project where the client gave me free range to revamp his entire front entrance, and that’s not all! He even went as far as requesting that I remove the existing driveway – and come up with a new design. Now I love that! It’s beyond the ordinary – it’s different and unique to have your entrance match the house and driveway at the same time.

The end result is sure to be a stunner! I can’t wait to get my building contractor team in to rip up the entire driveway. It will be fun.

For the project, I wanted to really offer the client something unique, different from the ordinary, because in essence, that is exactly who the client is. I stumbled upon a company in my earlier days that does plasma cutting into sheet metal – and I thought this would be the ideal finish for the project.

I managed to design a template for the screen that I would like to mount against the wall for a classy finish to their entrance.(see picture of the design template)


The idea is to set this about 70 mm off the wall, in order for me to somehow install lighting at the back of the trellis exposing the patterns that are set into the metal sheet, which will illuminate their entrance area – and adds up as a stunning piece of outdoor wall art.

I just love the attention to detail that can be obtained with the plasma cutting! This means my possibilities are becoming endless! Just look at the old shovels below! isn't it awesome!





I should have my own Plasma cut trellis installed within two months time – and would definitely keep you posted!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Exciting - I love the plasma cutting tech. Nice!! Nice blog!

D

Popular posts from this blog